Relay For Life

Friday, April 13, 2012

Farewell GlobalPost

Every good thing has to come to an end.  As the school year is getting close to an end, my coverage of the GlobalPost will also be terminating soon. It all started off as a painful endeavor for one of my journalism classes but it turned into a very interesting investigation into the world of GlobalPost. 
I have seen the website develop and improve, the home page got a very nice polishing and is now clearer to read and easier to find what you are looking for. The GlobalPost is a young online newspaper and it was interesting to see how they developed through these 4 months. I had the pleasure of discussing the news sector with GlobalPost vice president Charles M. Sennott. 
This gave me an in-depth sight of what the GlobalPost was, how it worked and how it got the money to finance its operations. 

With the technology developing as quick as it has for the past years, people more frequently connect to the internet and get their information online. GlobalPost has been at the forefront of online news-writing since 2009 and is really making a push to become one of the most read websites in the world. They are doing a great job. I think that if GlobalPost continues on their track, they have the opportunity to go very far in the news business. One day i would love to have the opportunity to contribute to the newspaper and gain some valuable experience from it.
I am going to try to keep this blog going even when i finish this class. I am interested in the revolutionary way the GlobalPost conveys their information and how they gain support in what they are doing!
I hope y'all have enjoyed my writings so far and are ready for more! I have to thank Boston University for pushing me to create a blog and find interesting topics to write about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment